Health Tip: Choosing Athletic Shoes
(HealthDay News) -- With all of the choices for athletic shoes,
how do you make sure you're buying the right pair?
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
- Try on athletic shoes later in the day or post-workout, when
your feet are their largest.
- Try on shoes with appropriate socks that you'll wear during
your sport or activity.
- Make sure you can easily wiggle your toes while wearing the
- Walk around or even run a couple of steps in the store while
wearing the shoes.
- Lace the shoes properly when you try them on, starting at the
top and tightening evenly as you lace them.
- Your heel should fit firmly inside the shoe without
- Choose shoes that are specific to a sport if you play it at
least three times weekly.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.