Health Tip: If You Sweat Excessively
(HealthDay News) -- Hyperhidrosis is the medical term for
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests these possible
- Prescription or over-the-counter antiperspirants.
- Immersing hands and feet into cool water and adding a special
medical device that delivers very low-voltage electrical current
- Injection of diluted botulinum toxin type A at appropriate
spots on the body.
- Oral medication to help suppress overactive sweat glands.
- A surgical treatment that interrupts the nervous system's
interaction with the sweat glands (sympathectomy).
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.